We are looking for a meticulous lab scientist who will be responsible for supporting our laboratory staff with the primary goal of optimizing lab procedures and succeeding in producing reliable test results.
In order to be successful as a lab scientist you will need to be thorough when carrying out your duties, successfully maintain records of laboratory processes and equipment, and generate reports to submit to the laboratory manager.
- Collecting, receiving, labeling, and/or analyzing samples or substances using the correct testing equipment, when necessary.
- Designing and executing laboratory testing in line with standard testing procedures, recording observations, and interpreting findings.
- Recording all experimental data and test results accurately and in the specified format (written and/or electronic.)
- Organizing and storing all chemical substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Ensuring that safety guidelines are adhered to at all times within the laboratory.
- Maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Cleaning, sterilizing, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment.
- Request laboratory supplies, as needed.
- Providing support, when necessary.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Valid laboratory scientist license.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience (Post-NYSC)
- Ability to operate automated machines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Proven experience working as a lab scientist.
- Working experience operating electrical and non-electrical laboratory equipment.
- Comfortable handling potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Superb dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and use the Job Title as the subject.
February 15, 2023